Shift Leader Womensline
- Supportive and friendly team
- Permanent Part Time position (7 shifts per fortnight)
- Competitive Salary + benefits
At DVConnect our aim is for all relationships to be free from domestic, family, and sexual violence. We are the only service providing a state-wide response across Queensland through our Womensline, Mensline and Sexual Assault Helplines to meet the safety needs of those living with domestic and family violence. We also provide specialist therapeutic counselling support across Australia, within the national 1800RESPECT program.
Your New Role
The Shift Leader is a key position providing support and guidance to our crisis teams in the afternoon/evening and weekend space. Our shift leaders are responsible for ensuring consistent operation of the service throughout the shift, providing debriefing, feedback, and support to the team. During their shifts, they also play a key role in maintaining a positive and supportive workplace environment for the team. As the Shift Leader you will at times be required to answer incoming calls across the Womensline, Mensline and Sexual Assault Helpline to support the team.
This position works 7 shifts per fortnight including 2 weekend shifts. Weekday shifts are 3pm-11pm and weekends are either 8am-4pm or 3:30pm-10:30pm. We are also open to applications from those seeking to work a couple of weekend shifts per fortnight in the Shift Leader role. Give us a call to find out more about the shifts we have available.
What you Need to Succeed
For this position you will need to demonstrate you have:
- Minimum 3-year Tertiary qualification in the area of Social Work, Counselling, Psychology or relevant field
- 2+ years' experience in a similar environment
- Well-developed knowledge and analysis of the effects, causes and dynamics of domestic and family violence
- Highly developed risk assessment skills, preferable in DFV and crisis space
- Knowledge of Queensland Domestic Violence Legislations
- Capacity to work and support staff in a complex and often demanding work environment, whilst remaining calm
- High level of resilience with good self-care practices in place
It is a genuine requirement of this position that it be filled by a woman as permitted in sections 25, 104 and 105 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991. All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory background checks, including a National Police Check, Working with Children Check, referee checks, proof of eligibility to work in Australia and proof of COVID-19 vaccinations.
Why join DVConnect
- Above Award conditions including paid parental leave, additional leave provisions; improved penalty rates and more generous long service leave provisions
- Family friendly workplace
- Flexible work practices
- EAP support and Professional Supervision provided
- Competitive salary and benefits including generous salary packaging, meal and entertainment card and discount programs available
- Opportunity for ongoing professional development
Interested? Apply online today!
If this sounds like the role for you then click on the apply button now! To apply please ensure that you:
- Submit your resume and cover letter
- Complete all application questions
- Your resume should outline your work history and details of relevant qualifications
- Your cover letter should detail why you are interested in the role and how your skills and experience would be a good fit
If you would like more information about the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Danielle (People & Culture BP) on 0432 765 802. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 2 weeks of applying.
DVConnect is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive culture of opportunity. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, workers of all ages, people with disabilities and people who identify as LGBTIQ.