This is an exciting time to join DVConnect as we expand our services to the delivery of the VictimConnect program in Queensland.
VictimConnect supports people who have been impacted by a violent crime in Queensland. Commenced 1st July, 2022, VictimConnect provides information, advice, referral, specialist counselling, as well as case management (through a partnership with Save the Children) to people who have been impacted by violent crime. This role will focus on providing trauma-informed, recovery-focused therapies in a multi-session model, delivered virtually.
- Permanent part time position
- Based in our Brisbane office
About the Role
The role of the Specialist Counsellor is to provide highly specialised, multi-session, trauma counselling to people who have been a victim of any personal and violent crime.
Specialist Counsellors work with callers on an appointment-based system with sessions conducted either via phone or video call. During sessions the Specialist Counsellor will conduct needs, risk and safety assessments using psychological first aid and emotional support and providing appropriate referrals as determined by clinical protocols. This program uses a PTSD CBT and Recovery Model framework that prioritises trauma informed approaches.
The role will also be required to support in the triage teams at times, answering calls and chats, establishing caller safety, building rapport, and identifying best pathways for support either internally or externally.
What we’re looking for
- A tertiary degree (of minimum 3 years duration) in Social Work, Psychology, Counselling, or relevant field.
- Minimum 3 years specialist counselling experience including support for those who have been impacted by violence
- Demonstrated understanding of intersectional feminist practice and how this is used as a framework to understand and respond to the gendered nature of violence against women and children
- Solid IT skills to work across phone and on-line chat platforms.
- High level of resilience and self-care practices in place to support working in an environment that can be challenging and demanding at times.
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory background checks, including a National Police Check, Working with Children Check, referee checks, proof of eligibility to work in Australia and evidence that you are up to date with COVID-19 vaccinations.
Further details can be found in the attached position description on our careers page.
Why join DVConnect
- Above Award conditions including paid parental leave; additional leave provisions; improved penalty rates and more generous long service leave provisions
- Family friendly workplace
- Flexible work practices
- EAP support and Professional Supervision provided
- Competitive salary and benefits including generous salary packaging, meal and entertainment card and discount programs available
- Opportunity for ongoing professional development
Interested? Apply online today!
If this sounds like the role for you then click on the apply button now!
To apply please ensure that you:
- Submit your resume and cover letter
- Complete all application questions
- Your resume should outline your work history and details of relevant qualifications
- Your cover letter should detail why you are interested in the role and how your skills and experience would be a good fit
If you would like more information about the position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Natasa (Talent Acquisition Specialist) on 0402 573 252. We reserve the right to consider applications prior to close off period and encourage all applicants to not delay in applying.
DVConnect is committed to nurturing a diverse and inclusive culture of opportunity. We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, workers of all ages, people with disabilities and people who identify as LGBTIQ.