Join a highly professional and experienced team providing a front line holistic service in a fast paced and transitioning environment.
- Full Time or Part Time positions available
- Based in Brisbane - Inner City location close to public transport
- Work From Home opportunities available
Your New Role
As a Mensline Counsellor you will be the primary point of contact for our male callers and will be responsible for making professional risk assessments that maximise the safety of clients, partners, children and families.
- Make general assessments of the callers needs
- Take all reasonable action based on your assessments to respond to caller's needs
- Provide information and referrals
- Liaise with relevant service providers
We are currently seeking to fill 3 shifts per week (20 hours) combination of days and evenings shifts, with the possibility to pick up more down the track. There is also the opportunity to work from home for applicants who are interested and able to meet our criteria. Contact us for further information about work from home and shifts available.
What You Need to Succeed
- Tertiary qualifications in Psychology or Social Work or other similar qualification(s)
- Experience in the provision of professional counselling, advocacy, and related crisis work for men, preferably in the area of domestic violence
- Experience in assessing indicators of whether the caller is a person who uses violence or one who is subjected to violence in his personal relationship, and demonstrated ability to respond appropriately to this assessment
- Demonstrates understanding of and commitment to working from a strong gendered analysis of domestic and family violence
- A clear understanding of how cultural difference can be addressed to maximize the appropriateness of any assistance provided
- Knowledge and understanding of the Domestic and Family Violence Act 2012, Domestic Violence Orders and Child Protection Act 1999 (or ability to rapidly acquire)
- Well-developed oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Highly developed organisational skills including the ability to manage time effectively, the ability to prioritise tasks, and demonstrated attention to detail
- Sound IT and typing skills and experience working with a variety of databases and telephony systems.
- Advantageous if you have experience in working within the domestic violence intervention sector, and working collaboratively with other domestic violence advocates.
- Flexible, friendly, positive and can work as a collaborative team member or autonomously
- Ability to work day/evening and weekend shifts on a fortnightly roster.
- Current positive notice (blue card) or capacity to obtain
Why Join DVConnect?
- Friendly, supportive and passionate team who are making a difference in the lives of people impacted by domestic, family and sexual violence
- Family friendly workplace with flexible working arrangements
- Competitive salary and benefits including salary packaging, meal and entertainment card and discount program available.
- Opportunity for on-going professional development
- On-site parking
- EAP and professional supervision provided
Interested? Apply Online Today!
To apply for this position please ensure you:
- Review the position description
- Submit your current CV
- Submit a 1 page cover letter addressing the selection criteria and why you are interested in the role
- Make sure to detail your availability in your cover letter
If you would like more information about the role please email email@example.com or phone Danielle (People & Culture Officer) 3156 2302
Please note those applications without a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and/or the right to work in Australia cannot be considered. We thank you for your application, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.