We are seeking flexible, friendly and motivated staff to join our amazing team and fill a number of shifts on our Womensline.
- Part Time Position/s available
- Close to the Brisbane CBD with on-site parking
- You will be joining a family friendly, caring and committed team
Your New Role
As a Crisis Intervention Counsellor your new role will involve being the primary point of contact for the majority of our callers on the Womensline.
- Provide information and referral
- Provide Crisis Counselling and intervention support
- Advocate for clients to access appropriate support and referral pathways
- Arrange safe accommodation for women and children
The majority of shifts we are currently seeking to fill are in the evening, with a finish time of 11pm at the latest.
What you need to succeed
- Tertiary qualifications in the areas of Social and Behavioural Sciences or consideration will be given to other appropriate qualification(s) with 2+yrs experience.
- Demonstrated ability in working with women who have experienced domestic and family violence preferably within in a crisis context
- Demonstrated understanding of feminist practice and how this is used as a framework to understand and respond to the gendered nature of violence against women and children
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of cultural and social groups
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced and high demand work environment, maintain composure and effective engagement with clients in crisis
- Knowledge or ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of services within the domestic violence sector, including services that provide legal assistance, housing options and domestic violence support throughout Queensland
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, however with highly developed team work skills and with a flexible, friendly and positive approach
- Sound IT skills and experience working with a variety of databases
- Some flexibility with hours and number of shifts can be provided, however the ability to work a variety of shifts including at least 1 overnight shift a fortnight is a requirement for these roles.
Why join DVConnect?
- friendly, supportive and passionate team who are making a difference in the lives of people impacted by domestic, family and sexual violence
- family friendly workplace with flexible working arrangements
- competitive salary and benefits including salary packaging, meal and entertainment card and discount program available.
- 3 week training and induction program and opportunity for on-going professional development
- On-site parking
- EAP and professional supervision provided
Interested? Apply online today!
To apply for this position please ensure that you:
- Review the position description
- Submit your current CV along with a 1 page cover letter addressing the selection criteria and detailing your availability and the hours you are seeking
If you would like more information about the role please email firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line Crisis Intervention Counsellor, or phone Kathy (Director - People & Corporate Services) on (07) 3156 2341.
DVConnect is an equal opportunity employer and we encouraged applications from those who are under-represented in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated on their merits. Please note those applications without a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and/or the right to work in Australia cannot be considered. We thank you for your application however only those shortlisted will be contacted.